L'Artisan du Chocolat

Following on from yesterday’s sweet versus savoury debate, here’s something that combines the best of both worlds: L’Artisan du Chocolat’s No9 Salted Caramels with lemongrass. Buy them for me (not that that’s a hint or anything) and most likely I'll give you a quick yet emotional hug of gratitude and then RUN AWAY and eat them all to myself, such is their power.



Originally created for Gordon Ramsay’s at Claridges, these mouth-watering little marbles have since been expanded into a range of gastro-friendly flavours like balsamic vinegar, spiced fig and pink pepper, and believe me, lemongrass is the best. A muffled dusting of dark-chocolate cocoa powder explodes as you bite into the oozing liquid caramel centre, sweet yet chastened with sea salt. And then! The lemongrass! That little zesty note adds just the right amount of fizz to an already amazing mini mouthful. I defy you not to eat at least three at once. Or ten. Just me?

And they’ve used my namesake No9 to label them – it was definitely meant to be.

P.S. I’ve just noticed a new ‘coming soon’ flavour on the L’Artisan du Chocolat website for Kinako, i.e. roasted ground soybean. Be still my beating heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...